Saturday, December 17, 2005

Paul Tracy to run NASCAR Busch Series races

The following is courtesy of MRN Radio Racing One. Paul Tracy in NASCAR is a big deal to Canadian NASCAR fans mainly because he will force the media, esapecially TSN, to cover NASCAR better than they do now. TSN won't carry Busch Series races now. Tracy's prescense will force them to do so. I know that seems stupid and TSN would never admit that but that's how they think.

Tracy Sets Sights on NASCAR

J.J. O'Malley
RacingOne Contributor
Posted Friday, December 16, 2005


The ARCA RE/MAX Series began three days of testing Friday at Daytona International Speedway, allowing Erin Crocker, Burnie Lamar and a number of other young drivers to get their first laps around the historic 2.5-mile oval in preparation for the February 11 ARCA 200. It also allowed open-wheel champion Paul Tracy to get his first laps in preparation for a partial NASCAR Busch Series campaign."I’m hoping to run a few NASCAR races next year, and Andy Hillenburg has been real helpful by letting me drive his ARCA car today, just to get the experience of Daytona, what it’s like on the high banks," Tracy said. "Then, we’ll be back here right after New Year’s in the Grand American test for three days (January 4-6). I’m just trying to get a lot of different experience with a lot of different cars, to keep myself busy.""Today was my first time here in a stock car. I ran a Cup car at Michigan, one of Richard Childress’ cars, but obviously, this is a lot different. I ran my first 10 laps and I think we were sixth quickest, so I’m pretty happy with that."Tracy hopes to run six-10 races with the Biagi Brothers in the Busch Series, including both Daytonas, Talladega, "Mexico City for sure," Las Vegas and Indianapolis, along with one NEXTEL Cup Series race, possibly at California Speedway."I’d like to mix in a few short tracks, too," Tracy said. "It all comes down to the team finding some sponsorship."

No comments:

Post a Comment