Sunday, May 12, 2019

Big Bad Blog Video Theater-Irene Aldana vs Bethe Correia

Here's the match video of Irene Aldana vs Bethe Correia from last night's UFC show in Brazil. This was Bethe's first fight since June 2017. She was out with two eye surgeries. And she missed weight. The fight was about what I expected from strikers with no power or ground game. Until the end. So it's light sparring. I thought Irene won round one 10-9 and Bethe won round two 10-9 though the judges scored round two for Irene. Round three was uneventful until Bethe went for a takedown. I don't think I've ever seen Bethe go for a takedown. She messed it up. First she broke her nose on Irene's knee. Then Irene turned it into an armbar for the win. It was a perfect finish to a lousy fight. And a truly inept performance by Bethe Correia. It doesn't make me think Irene can beat anyone good. Enjoy the video!

No comments:

Post a Comment