Sunday, May 19, 2019

Big Bad Blog Video Theater-Aspen Ladd vs Sijara Eubanks

Here's the match video of Aspen Ladd vs Sijara Eubanks from last night's UFC show in Rochester, NY. Though this was a close fight, I thought Aspen won decisively. I was surprised when in round one, Sijara took Aspen down early in the round. The problem was she did nothing with the position and eventually Aspen took Sijara down and was much more productive in attempting to advance her position. Then at the end of the round, Sijara knocked Aspen down. I scored the round 10-9 for Aspen because her takedown was more productive. Of course there are some who thought Sijara's knockdown stole the round. Well, that's if you think the takedowns cancel each other out. But I didn't think that. One judge scored it 10-9 for Aspen and the other two scored it 10-9 for Sijara. I'm not a believer in round stealing. I always look at each round as a whole. Aspen controlled round two. She came very close to a finish. Sijara defended well. I scored it 10-8 for Aspen. Two of the judges scored it 10-8 and the third scored it 10-9. I'm usually very reluctant to score rounds 10-8. Based on the judges scorecards, Sijara needs a finish in round three. She's not a finisher and Aspen is undefeated.  Round three was all on the feet. It was close but I scored it 10-9 for Aspen and so did all three judges. So I scored the fight 30-26 for Aspen. The judges scored it 30-26, 29-27 and 29-28. Round two killed Sijara's chances. At least it won the fight of the night bonus. Obviously Aspen Ladd is headed for a title shot but I think she may be a couple of fights away. She's doing well so far. Enjoy the video!


1 comment:

  1. Good, good hard fight Frank. But I think Sijara Eubanks really did win the first round there. That is just my opinion. I think she did a little better than Aspen Ladd.

    ReplyDelete