Tuesday, September 11, 2018

AccuRadio Song Of The Day-Method Man

Artist:Method Man f/Mary J. Blige
Song:I'll Be There For You/You're All I Need To Get By
Album:Icon




Rapper Clifford "Method Man" Smith scored a top five hit in 1995 with I'll Be There For You/You're All I Need To Get By. He is a member of Wu Tang Clan and he is also an actor. He was born Mar. 31, 1971 in Hempstead, Long Island, NY. He split his childhood living in his father's home in Long Island and his mother's home in Staten Island. Staten Island was where he met the other members of Wu Tang Clan. Wu Tang Clan signed with Loud Records. The members of Wu Tang Clan were allowed to sign solo deals anywhere. So Smith signed with Def Jam. His name was from the 1979 film Method Man. The other members were on board with this as when Wu Tang Clan was first formed, the original plan was for Method Man to be a solo act. Smith's 1994 debut album Tical was produced by Wu Tang Clan leader Robert "RZA" Diggs. All I Need is on the album. The hit single was a remix by Sean "Puffy" Combs and retitled I'll Be There For You/You're All I Need To Get By featuring Mary J. Blige on vocals. You're All I Need To Get By was written by Ashford and Simpson and it was a hit in 1968 by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell. Method man's recording reached #3 on the Billboard Hot 100. The remix was only released as a single but you can get it on this budget comp. To date it is Smith's biggest hit. He continues to record solo occasionally. He continued to record with Wu Tang Clan and as a duo with Redman. He also got into acting mostly on TV. He starred in the films How High and Soul Plane. His TV credits include Oz, The Wire, CSI and others. His Fox sitcom Method & Red did not do well. Currently Smith hosts the TBS series Drop The Mic. He has a recurring role on the HBO series The Deuce. And he will be in the upcoming reboot of the film Shaft. Here's the video for I'll Be There For You/You're All I Need To Get By by Method Man featuring Mary J. Blige. This is the remix and it is not on Youtube.

Method Man feat. Mary J. Blige - I'll Be There For You (You're All I Need To Get By) (Remix) from Jul!aAl on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment