Wednesday, May 02, 2018

Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs Tecia Torres added to July 28 UFC show

ESPN's Brett Okamoto reported yesterday that Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs Tecia Torres has been added to UFC on FOX 30 July 28 at the Scotiabank Saddledome in Calgary. I understand that Nicco Montano's proposed Flyweight title defense will not be on this show. I'm not surprised. I thought it was too soon. I'll talk about this a little more on the podcast. This is Joanna's first non-title match since 2014. So Joanna thinks she won her last match against Rose Namajunas. I thought the fight was closer than the scores. But I scored it 48-47 for Rose. So now she's lost two in a row so she needs a win. I think she has become too much of a points fighter and she needs to get back to finishing fights. Tecia is also on a two fight losing streak but I don't think she's as good as Joanna. Both are kickboxers but Tecia has no power. And we saw in her last fight that she couldn't handle the kind of pressure Jessica Andrade put on her. We should see a similar result if Joanna pressures Tecia. But she needs to do that right from the start. Joanna's habit of slow starts needs to change or she can give away this fight. Tecia's darting in and out doesn't seem to be as effective as the fight goes on. So Joanna should be the favorite.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Frank. I will be rooting hard for Tecia tonight. But it will come down to whoever is more determined to win and not lose three in a row

    ReplyDelete