Sunday, March 20, 2016

Big Bad Blog Video Theater-Bec Rawlings vs Ham Seo Hee

Here's the match video of Bec Rawlings vs Ham Seo Hee from last night's UFC show in Brisbane, Australia. Bec has been out for the last year with a couple of injuries. She's an Aussie but she now trains with Eric Del Fierro at Alliance in San Diego. A lot of female fighters train there. Bec is mainly a striker and she is vulnerable on the ground. Ham is a Korean kickboxer who got a big win last time she fought. She has fought most of her MMA career in Japan and she is undersized for 115lb. So I expected this fight to be mostly a kickboxing match. It was a close fight but I thought Bec won. In round one, I thought Bec landed harder punches and she scored a knockdown. Some fans thought that Ham threw more punches but I don't think she was more effective than Bec. Quantity does not necessarily mean quality and effectiveness is a valid judging criteria.  I scored the round 10-9 for Bec and so did all three judges. I thought Ham could have helped herself if she had tried more leg kicks to take Bec off her game. Round two was very similar except Bec grabbed Ham's foot after a kick and took her down. So I scored round two 10-9 for Bec. So now Ham needs a finish. But she's not a finisher and I didn't see that changing in this fight. Bec got tired and Ham scored a takedown and a couple of submission attempts. I was not surprised she didn't come close to a finish. So I scored round three 10-9 for Ham and I scored the fight 29-28 for Bec. I guess the controversy was because two of the judges scored the fight 30-27 for Bec and the third scored it 29-28. I thought that Bec won the first two rounds anyway so the third round didn't matter much. I guess 3X29-28 would have made people happy. And it's not like Bec was dominant. She did just enough to win. It doesn't position her any closer to the title. Enjoy the video!

No comments:

Post a Comment