Saturday, March 26, 2016

AccuRadio Song Of The Day-Saint Motel

Artist:Saint Motel
Song:My Type
Album:Paper Towns: Music From The Motion Picture




Saint Motel is one of these bands that sounds like other bands. Lead singer AJ Jackson sounds a lot like Bono. But they had some success when the single My Type appeared in the 2015 film Paper Towns , a popular film with teens. Now they have to follow it up. Saint Motel was formed in 2007 when lead singer and pianist AJ Jackson and guitarist Aaron Sharp were film students at Chapman University in Orange, CA. The other members are bassist Dak Lerdamornpong and drummer Greg Erwin. They self released the 2009 EP ForPlay and they produced videos for all the songs. Then they released the 2012 full length CD Voyeur. The album created enough buzz that they got a deal with Parlophone in England. The EP My Type was released Aug. 2014 and it did well enough in Europe to get them a US record deal with Elektra. Things started to take off. My Type appeared in the video game FIFA '15. And Saint Motel appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live! in April. Then My Type appeared in the film Paper Towns. Paper Towns is from the same writers as The Fault In Our Stars. It's a love story aimed at teens. My Type appeared on the soundtrack CD along with acts like Santigold, Vampire Weekend and The Mountain Goats. The My Type EP is out of print so the Paper Towns CD is the only place you can get My Type. Saint Motel has already recorded a new album. But a release date has yet to be announced. They will begin touring in May and they will be on Bonnaroo and Lollapalooza. So I would expect the album to be released before that. Here's the video for My Type by Saint Motel.

No comments:

Post a Comment