Monday, January 30, 2006

GIRLS DOOR to revive the red belt

As many regular readers are aware, I'm not a big fan of nostalgia as it relates to the joshi business. There have been whispers for the last month that Kumiko Maekawa would defend the WWWA Singles Title before her retirement. I'm okay with her doing that on her retirement show especially if she takes care of the unfinished business she has with Nanae Takahashi. It's well known those two dislike each other for real. But I'm not crazy about bringing the red belt back for any other reason. AJW is dead and while the legacy of the red belt was tarnished enough by Matsunaga stupidity, I'd like to see the red belt stay inactive so the legacy isn't tarnished further. GIRLS DOOR has convinced Maekawa to defend the WWWA Singles Title on their Feb. 19 show at Shinjuku FACE against Ayako Hamada. I will reserve judgement until I see how this is handled but I have bad vibes about this. Other than nostagiac value, the belt doesn't mean anything anymore. Here's the lineup so far.


GIRLS DOOR - 2/19/06 - Shinjuku FACE
Cherry vs GAMI
Aja Kong & Tomoko Watanabe vs Manami Toyota & Dynamite Kansai
WWWA SINGLES TITLE:Kumiko Maekawa (champ) vs Ayako Hamada

No comments:

Post a Comment