Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Yahoo LAUNCHCAST song of the day


Artist:Javier
Song:The Answer Is Yes
Album:Left Of Center




Though R & B singer Javier Colon is from Bridgeport, CT, his parents are Latino. His father owns a radio station so Javier was into music at a young age. After attending music school at the University Of Hartford, he got his first high profile gig with Derek Trucks. Javier went solo and signed with Capitol. His 2003 debut was very good but didn't sell that well so Capitol has taken steps to make his 2006 follow up Left Of Center more commercial. The Answer Is Yes is a great gospel influenced song that benefits from a choir arranged by gospel artist Tye Tribbett. Javier wrote the song with Evan Rodgers and veteran producer Carl Sturken. Sturken has had a lot of success recently with Rihanna and was obviously brought in to duplicate that with Javier. That might be difficult because Javier writes a lot of his own songs and seems to have a clear vision of what his music should be. Dumbing down his music probably won't work. I like this song and I've heard others that are good. Javier has a bright future if allowed to be himself.






I went shopping yesterday at Walmart & Best Buy in that big box mall on North Queen St. Walmart had a couple of good deals on a Gillette Fusion razor & a Crest battery operated toothbrush so I got those. They had some cheap used DVDs so I bought Be Cool & The Gospel. I bought The Gospel more for the extended musical performances than the movie itself. I also bought Bull Durham, one of my faves. At Best Buy I bought the 3DVD release of The Seven Samurai, one of the greatest films ever. It's got interviews and a restored print. If I'm going to indulge, it might as well be something really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment