Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Why do they fight

Livedoor Sports conducted interviews with several of the young
wrestlers who appeared on the Breath show. The theme was "Why Do
They Fight?

MAI ICHII born March 21, 1980

When did you become interested in pro wrestling?
I didn't watch it when I was a girl but became interested after
going to an All Japan Women show on December 23, 2003. It was very
exciting. I met Sakura Emi and after some resistance, I agreed to
train with her for three months and debuted on March 16, 2004.

What are your future plans?
First, I would like to wrestle in Korakuen Hall. Then, my wrestler
friend Haruhi & I want to own our own company. We plan to take over
the world (laughing).

NATSUKI*HEAD born May 7, 1984

When did you become interested in pro wrestling?
I enjoyed watching NOAH and All Japan Women on TV when I was in
junior high. I went to an AJW show while in high school and was very
impressed with Momoe Nakanishi because of her small size. Then I
went to train at Animal Hamaguchi's gym after my second year in high
school.

How difficult was it?
I wasn't prepared for how painful wrestling would be. I left after
working for AJW for six months. After taking a part time job, I
returned to the Hamaguchi gym to train but not for wrestling.

How did you get back into wrestling?
I started to train with Mai Ichii and some of the Sakura Emi girls
and it was much different from AJW. I re-debuted in June and have
been wrestling steadily since then.

KYOKO KIMURA born March 19,1977

When did you become interested in pro wrestling?
I enjoyed watching All Japan on TV and went to train at FMW at age
15. Then I went to Mexico at age 16 to train. I was living in San
Diego and discovered that Hayabusa was training in Tijuana. I saw a
poster in a restaurant. So I hopped into a cab and went there. I
worked in the restaurant while training.

When did you return to Japan?
My parents wanted me to return to school but I didn't want to do
that. I wanted to wrestle. They were upset with me. Eventually I met
Shark Tsuchiya and she brought me to JWP.

NAHO WATANABE born Jan. 12, 1989

How was your pro wrestling debut in June?
I got to show what I could do so it was good.

Did you hear the crowd?
No. I was trying to concentrate on my match.

Are you practicing for the next Breath show?
I'm practicing for that and I'm getting ready for the Queen's Cup
amateur tournament in the spring. Plus I'm still going to high
school. I'm pretty busy.

ATSUKO EMOTO born Nov. 8,1978

Were you interested in pro wrestling as a child?
No. I would change the channel when it was on.

So how did you get interested in it?
I was running my dairy in Hokkaido. I was around 22 years old. I was
getting tired of the work and getting kicked by the cow. (Note:Now
we know why Bullfight Sora is a cow.) I saw Shinobu Kandori give a
lecture and decided to audition to be a pro wrestler. I thought I
was accepted but misunderstood. Then I joined ARSION. ARSION became
A To Z. They decided to put me under a mask and made me a cow as a
gag. Then I left A To Z and now I freelance.

BAMBI born Sept. 21

How did you get interested in pro wrestling?
I hated school and decided to be a pro wrestler at age 15. My
parents were against it but I overcame their objections. I was fat
when I was a child and decided that pro wrestling would be a good
way to shape up. I went to work at DDT which is much different from
other wrestling companies. After things kind of stagnated there, I
went to K-Dojo.

No comments:

Post a Comment