Sunday, February 09, 2020

Big Bad Blog Video Theater-Valentina Shevchenko vs Katlyn Chookagian

Here's the match video of Valentina Shevchenko vs Katlyn Chookagian from last night's UFC show in Houston. This fight went as expected. I didn't think that Katlyn's keep away strategy would work against Valentina. And it didn't. Valentina was very patient and just picked her apart for two rounds and then finished her with ground and pound in the third. It was a dominant performance. Valentina said in her post fight interview that she was hoping to finish her with a head kick. But I like that Valentina took what Katlyn gave her and destroyed her. Because that's what the keep away strategy deserves. Now the UFC has a big problem because none of the potential title contenders are good enough. The big hope was Maycee Barber but she's out with a knee injury. They keep bringing in fighters who keep failing. I know Jessica Eye was knocked out in her title fight. But she really looked good in her last fight with her new team at Xtreme Couture. I wouldn't mind seeing her face Joanne Calderwood for a title shot. The UFC will have to do something. Enjoy the video!

2 comments:

  1. Frank, I will watch the rest of video shortly, but I had to laugh. Bruce Buffer is wearing a suit that looks exactly like some curtain I once had a long time ago!!!! I like the introduction, "The well dressed Bruce Buffer!!" I had to laugh! That suit he is wearing!!! Good Grief. David.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw the whole fight. Valentina just took Katlyn apart, round by round. Unreal that she even had a chance. It was Valentina all the way.

    ReplyDelete