Monday, November 20, 2023

Big Bad Blog Video Theater-Toni Storm vs Hikaru Shida

Here's the match video of Hikaru Shida defending her AEW Women's Championship against Toni Storm. I am posting this match on the blog for those who didn't buy the PPV. I hate this match and not because Hikaru lost as I expected her to lose. It's the same thing that happened two years ago when Tony Khan got it into his head that Britt Baker is an ace. And we all know how disappointing her championship run was because she was limited in the ring. He obviously loves Toni's Timeless gimmick and that's why he did a title change. But I don't think it's a gimmick that can survive a title run. It's a one note gimmick. And unless he can do different things with it, it could get stale very quickly. I know you all like the gimmick now but will you like it in six months? I could be wrong but I doubt it. Hikaru had new gear which was a video game tribute. I liked the gear she was wearing before. They were chopping each other too much. I don't know why they did that. You had to know the stuff Toni brought with her would be part of the finish. When hitting Hikaru with the shoe couldn't finish her, she stuffed a tray down her butt and that did it. A lousy finish for a lousy match. Check it out for yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment