Thursday, November 23, 2023

AccuRadio Song Of The Day-Stephen Sanchez


Artist:Stephen Sanchez

Song:Until I Found You

Album:Angel Face


Singer songwriter Stephen Sanchez scored a top 30 hit with the 2021 single Until I Found You. The record spread virally through Tik Tok so I think it was a bigger hit than that. Billboard sometimes has difficulty interpreting online response. I guess fans liked the retro vibe of this song. I'll get into that in a minute. Sanchez was born Nov. 3, 2002 in El Dorado Hills, CA. He started out posting videos to Tik Tok, A 2020 cover of Cage the Elephant's Cigarette Daydreams got him 122,000 followers on Tik Tok. After posting a song he wrote called Lady by the Sea, singer songwriter Jeremy Zucker volunteered to produce a demo. And that demo got Sanchez a record deal with Mercury Records. These days Mercury is a country label. I guess the original plan was to sell Sanchez as a country singer. So Kasey Musgraves' producer Ian Fitchuk was brought in along with recording engineer Konrad Snyder. They wrote and produced with Sanchez. The single Until I Found You was first released on the 2021 EP Easy on the Eyes. The song spread virally through Tik Tok and reached #23 on the Billboard Hot 100. It also did well in Adult Contemporary and elsewhere. It did not chart in Country. So Universal moved Sanchez to Republic so he would be promoted to top 40 radio. They have different promotion guys work different radio formats. Then it was decided to do a concept album with a fictional version of Sanchez called The Troubador Sanchez rising to fame after the 1958 hit Until I Found You. Even the video buys into this. The girl is played by actress and model Jeri Mae James. It looks like this concept is only for this album. He gets involved with a mobster and that leads to his decline. The problem at the time is the album Angel Face wasn't released until Sept. 30, 2023. So they had Sanchez record a remix of Until I Found You with singer Em Beihold and they performed it on a Feb. 2023 episode of The Late Late Show with James Corden. Then Sanchez performed Until I Have You with Elton John at Glastonbury 2023. Until I Have You is Sanchez' only chart single to date and the album hasn't done well. It remains to be seen what will be done with Sanchez next. But maybe he's had his 15 minutes of fame and he'll be a has been at age 22. He writes so he has value. But now you know why I don't like his gimmick. It's not the real Stephen Sanchez. Here's the video for Until I Found You by Stephen Sanchez.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment