Friday, February 10, 2023

AccuRadio Song Of The Day-Cyndi Thomson


Artist:Cyndi Thomson

Song:I Always Liked That Best

Album:My World


Cyndi Thomson made a big splash in country music with her 2001 debut album My World. And then she quit the music business. So I guess the big question is why did she quit. She was born Oct. 19, 1976 in Tifton, GA. Along with her sisters, she grew up singing in church. She was inspired by Trisha Yearwood to want to be a country singer. After attending Kennesaw State University, Cyndi moved to Nashvile to study music business at Belmont University. She left school to work during the day and sing in clubs at night. She was working at a party for Deana Carter's album Did I Shave My Legs for This? going Platinum when she was introduced to Tommy Lee James who had written hits for Reba McEntire and Brooks & Dunn. He taught Cyndi to write and she got a songwriting deal at Sony-ATV. James introduced Cyndi to Capitol Nashville head Mike Dungan. And after an audition, he signed her. Cyndi recorded her 2001 debut album My World with James and veteran producer Paul Worley. Her debut single What I Really Meant to Say topped the Country Singles chart and reached #26 on the Billboard Hot 100. I Always Liked That Best was the second single. It reached #21 on the Country Singles chart. The album was certified Gold. Cyndi wrote most of the songs with James. So she's off to a good start, right? After marrying musician Daniel Goodman, Cyndi announced in late 2002 that she was quitting the music business. She has always said the marriage wasn't why she quit. I doubt that. She did try to return and record a second album for Capitol in 2006. But that didn't work out. She has since released an EP and a couple of singles on her own label. She had the potential to be a big star. Cyndi sure left a lot of money on the table. Here's the video for I Always Liked That Best by Cyndi Thomson.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment