Monday, February 06, 2023

AccuRadio Song Of The Day-Cain


Artist:Cain

Song:I'm So Blessed

Album:Rise Up


Cain is a CCM group that made a big splash with their debut album Rise Up and singles like I'm So Blessed. I have seen them described in the media as country but I think they are pop. Cain is a family group from Hartselle, AL which is near Decatur. Taylor, Logan and Madison Cain are PKs meaning their dad is a pastor. Taylor started writing songs as a child and the three have always sung together. They all attended Troy University. In 2012, they entered a contest to open for singer songwriter Dave Barnes. After winning the contest, they moved to Nashville. They released an EP independently in 2015. After signing with the CCM label Essential, a 2020 EP did well and so did the single Rise Up (Lazarus). Cain was named Best New Artist by the We Love Christian Music awards. They have been nominated for Dove and American Music Awards. The album Rise Up was released in 2021. All the singles including I'm So Blessed have done well on the CCM charts. It's a very upbeat happy song. I just don't think it's country. Cain writes all their songs usually with co-writers and several producers worked on the album. They wrote I'm So Blessed with veteran singer songwriter Matthew West and Jonathan Smith who played keyboards on the album. The producers are David Leonard from the group All Sons and Daughters along with Brad King and Seth Talley. They have produced needtobreath among others. Cain is currently on tour and they have released a couple of singles. I expect them to record a new album after touring. Here's the video for I'm So Blessed by Cain.


No comments:

Post a Comment