Monday, January 21, 2019

Big Bad Blog Video Theater-Paige VanZant vs Rachael Ostovich

Here's the match video of Paige VanZant vs Rachael Ostovich from Saturday's UFC show in Brooklyn. I called this fight The Battle of the Babes because neither fighter is very good. Sex appeal is their main attribute. I thought Paige would win as she is marginally better. This was her first fight since she broke her arm last year. She trains with Chael Sonnen at Gracie Barra in Portland. Of course we know about Rachael's husband and coach charged with domestic assault. Her parents and brother were in her corner. Rachael got off to a good start in round one. She took Paige down but she wasn't able to advance her position so the ref stood them up. To me it looked like Rachael didn't know what to do. I scored round one 10-9 for Rachael. Round two was different. They went to the ground again. But this time Paige was able to get the advantage and she won with an armbar. We didn't see Rachael tap but we saw it on the replay. Her elbow was dislocated. She will undergo further examination when she returns home to Hawaii. This didn't make me think that Paige could beat anyone good. Look, I feel bad about what happened to Rachael. But it doesn't change that she's a terrible fighter whose only upside is her sex appeal. And that's why she is in the UFC. I knew she was bad from her Invicta days. Should she be in the UFC? I don't think she should be a fighter. And I know she has a devoted fanboy following. That doesn't make her a fighter. Enjoy the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment