Sunday, December 30, 2018

Big Bad Blog Video Theater-Amanda Nunes vs Cris Cyborg

Here's the match video of Amanda Nunes vs Cris Cyborg from last night's UFC show in Los Angeles. This was billed as a superfight between two champs. Cyborg was favored because she had been unbeaten for years. But as I said on Friday's podcast, Amanda is a better fighter than anyone who had fought Cyborg. I thought if Amanda got off to a quick start she could win the fight. She couldn't allow Cyborg to settle into her usual routine. And what do you know? Amanda did exactly as I suggested and she knocked Cyborg out in 51 seconds. I guess I'm a genius. Not really. I just study patterns more than most fight analysts and Amanda's pattern is finish the fight early. She gets into trouble in the late rounds. I'll talk more about Amanda in a couple of days when I name my 2018 Fighter of the Year. As I have said in the past, Cris Cyborg's legacy is built on beating undersized fighters and tomato cans. She was never as good as she seemed. And now her UFC contract is up. I expect her to leave the UFC probably for Bellator because she can also fight for RIZIN and do boxing like she has said she wants to do. It's also the likely end of UFC's Featherweight division. They really only have one real Featherweight other than Cyborg. And there aren't enough decent Featherweights to have a decent division and there never will be. Cyborg's run was always an illusion and now that bubble has been burst. Enjoy the video!


No comments:

Post a Comment