Sunday, December 09, 2018

AccuRadio Song Of The Day-Collage

Artist:Collage
Song:I'll Be Loving You
Album:The Best Of Collage: I'll Be Loving You





I'll Be Loving You was a hit in dance clubs in 1993. I guess this was in the dying days of Freestyle music. Producer and songwriter Adam Marano had success with T.P.E. and the single Then Came You. He recorded that for the Freestyle label Micmac and Marano sang on that project. So he left Micmac and started his own label Viper. He produced a whole bunch of artists who went nowhere until he recorded I'll Be Loving You. The singer was Anthony Monteleone. The song appeared on a various artists comp Viper's Freestyle Hit Parade Vol. 3 and it became a hit in dance clubs. It reached #56 on the Billboard Hot 100. Marano recorded a Collage album Chapter One. It looks like Monteleone was gone by the time Marano recorded the album. Monteleone has never appeared on anything else. Instead it featured Denine, a female singer who worked regularly with Marano. I'll Be Loving You revived Freestyle and Marano continued to work with all kinds of singers. Collage recorded four albums. But I'll Be Loving You was their biggest hit. This comp covers all their recordings. Here's the video for I'll Be Loving You by Collage.

No comments:

Post a Comment