Saturday, March 21, 2009

Watch Ayumi Kurihara get whupped

I was just writing about this the other day and I certainly wasn't expecting to see this on Youtube. But here it is in three parts for your viewing pleasure. It's Kyoko Kimura & Atsuko Emoto defending the NEO Tag Team Titles against Yoshiko Tamura & Ayumi Kurihara from the Mar. 8 NEO Korakuen Hall show. I don't know if it's her first blading but Kurihara really gets a whupping in this match. So I should warn anyone who is squeamish about a cute girl like Ayumi with the proverbial crimson mask that this ain't for you. I think it's part of the business so it doesn't bother me but I know some guys don't like to see it. In this particular case, I think the blood and the beating of Kurihara adds a lot of drama to the match and it definitely puts over Revolution Amandora as nasty heels. Kimura in particular has really come into her own as a heel at a time when a lot of joshi wrestlers don't want to be heels because they think it will hurt their merch sales. So here's something a little special on the old blog for all the loyal joshi fans. Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Good find. The guy who upped it is new and I think is based in Japan, as that NEO show must have just aired and I don't think the usual puro traders have even gotten it yet.

    The same guy posted clips from TAKEMURA AID, a benefit show for an injured wrestler that includes an AKINO appearance. She teams with Minoru Suzuki (and gets another bad haircut) against Mecha Mummy and Woman Mecha Mummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already looked at his Youtube page. It's too soon to tell if he's going to do this regularly.

    ReplyDelete