Tuesday, July 24, 2007

New computer

A funny thing happened yesterday. I have a new computer. Well, it's not new, just not as old. My friend Mohamed asked me on Sunday if I wanted his old computer. He recently upgraded to a laptop. My first response was "Huh?". But he knew that my computer was old and slow and I use it a lot so he said he would just give it to me. This Compaq computer is only two years old. It has a 2GB hard drive and 512MB of RAM. So it's going to be much faster than my computer. He gave me a 17 inch monitor too. Fortunately, Mohamed is very tech savvy so last night he installed the computer and helped me install Windows XP and set up my modem. The bottom line is it's so much faster I'm going to get a lot more done in a shorter period of time. Also I now have enough RAM to use the Rogers Yahoo browser and their security package from Norton. It comes with a virus scanner, a spyware scanner and a firewall. I'm going to download some additional security programs like CCleaner & AVG Anti Spyware & Super Anti Spyware. You can never have enough of that stuff. And I am planning to give my old computer to someone in the co-op who doesn't have a computer. Mohamed's kindness was unexpected and I greatly appreciate it. I sure can't afford to buy a new computer. I'm very happy with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment