Thursday, February 16, 2006

Today's physiotherapy

The weather was pretty crappy today. It was slushy when I went out this morning. Then later on we got freezing rain or something. Yuck. A couple of my patient friends have returned to Lyndhurst as in patients for a month. The main reason to do this is to take advantage of daily physiotherapy. I don't know if I would do that if I was asked. It's a double edged sword for me. My progress lately has been so slow I'm not sure I could justify going back in there full time. I really like being in my own place. I worked hard to get here and I don't want to change that even for a short time. I have my doubts that going back there would help much. I'm going to see Dr. Oshidari on Monday and may discuss this with him. Things are winding down on my outpatient physio. I have to decide what I want to do afterwards. But I will take my time.


I went to see Bev Jenkins at the Canadian Physiotherapy Association about doing some writing for them. I'd like to look at the corporate accessibility policies of some of the big restaurant chains. I believe that many of the chains have no policy and it's something that has to change. It should be a priority but probably isn't. I'm hoping to get some anecdotes from folks and Bev is going to look into getting me some specific interviews. I will do some research as well. I have to write a little differently from my usual rant but I'm not concerned about that. It's all about changing attitudes and that's what I want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment