Saturday, February 18, 2006

MediChair repairs my chair to save the day

I've been having trouble with a loose left front footplate on my power chair when I noticed this morning that it was dragging on the ground. It's a minor repair but it needed to be fixed immediately. I was hoping it would be OK until I go to Lyndhurst on Monday but it wasn't going to work properly. I called the MediChair office and Tracy said that company owner Bruce would call me. He asked me if I thought the footplate was bent and I said that it just seems to be loose. Bruce arrived at my apartment at 1:30PM and fixed the footplate in about ten minutes. He said it didn't have a lock tight device on it and he put one on and I shouldn't have any more trouble with it. I would have had problems going anywhere with the footplate in this condition. So it was a minor thing but I needed it repaired today. Thanks to Bruce & Tracy at MediChair for the quick service and on a Saturday too. I greatly appreciate it. Bruce also showed me that there's a lever on the side that will angle the footplates upward. I may do that for going outside as it will give me more clearance on the bottom and secure my feet better. I don't like it for inside use though. It raises my knees too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment