Sunday, December 13, 2020

Big Bad Blog Video Theater-Tecia Torres vs Sam Hughes

Here's the match video of Tecia Torres vs Sam Hughes from last night's UFC show in Las Vegas. This fight is at Strawweight. Tecia's opponent was supposed to be Angela Hill but she tested positive for COVID-19. Sam is 28 years old. She trains at Catalyst Fight House in Everett, WA. Her coach is Eddie Grant. Her record is 5-1. I watched a couple of her LFA fights on UFC Fight Pass. I don't think she belongs in the UFC. But that's what you get sometimes with short notice fighters. The story is that Tecia is much quicker than Sam. So she was beating her up pretty good. So I expected Tecia to win an easy unanimous decision. But after round one, Sam told her corner that she couldn't see out of her left eye. So the doctor stopped the fight and Tecia wins by TKO. They didn't show a replay of how Sam was injured. But I rewatched the fight and I think a head kick with about a minute left in the round. caused the injury. It's probably a broken orbital bone. I guess it was a good win for Tecia. But it doesn't make me think she can beat any of the better fighters in the division. Enjoy the video! 



No comments:

Post a Comment