Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Yahoo LAUNCHCAST song of the day

Artist:Michel Camilo
Song:Why Not!
Album:One More Once



Jazz pianist Michel Camilo was born in the Dominican Republic but moved to New York as a teenager. He became popular when Why Not! became a hit for The Manhattan Transfer. This is a big band version recorded in 1994. It features Camilo's mentor Cuban sax player Paquito D'Rivera. Camilo's sound is very percussive and aggressive. He can make a very small band sound very big. For more on Camilo, check out the documentary about latin jazz called Calle 54.




Well, I'm finally going to Bad Boy on Finch Ave. to buy an air conditioner today. I couldn't get a decent ride from Wheeltrans last week but I wasn't in any big hurry. I got what I wanted today.

No comments:

Post a Comment