Tuesday, February 06, 2024

AccuRadio Song Of The Day-I Monster


Artist:I Monster

Song:Daydream in Blue

Album:Neveroddoreven


At first look at the album cover, you might think this is a lost Daft Punk album. But I Monster is a British duo that were inspired by Daft Punk and trip hop acts like Portishead. Daydream in Blue is their best known song. The name I Monster and their label name Twins of Evil are after two Peter Cushing horror films. Sheffield, England natives Dean Honer and Jerrod Gosling worked on other artists including Moby before they released an album as I Monster in 1997. They were part of the production group All Seeing I. They released the 1999 album These Are Our Children but Daydream in Blue was not released as a single until 2001. After it reached #20 on the British Singles chart, it was rereleased on the 2003 album Neveroddoreven on the indie label Instant Karma. Daydream in Blue samples Daydream by the Gunter Kallman Choir. How's that for an obscure song. They look like Daft Punk on the album cover probably because like Daft Punk, they want to remain anonymous. Obviously they play all the electronic instruments themselves. Daydream in Blue has appeared in films and TV shows. I Monster has released a few albums. But for the most part, they are so busy producing other artists or doing live shows as guest DJs that they don't have time to promote the band. If you're a trip hop fan, you may want to check I Monster out. Here's the video for Daydream in Blue by I Monster.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment