Tuesday, October 12, 2021

AccuRadio Song Of The Day-Vinyl Theatre


Artist:Vinyl Theatre

Song:Breaking Up My Bones

Album:Electrogram


The 2014 single Breaking Up My Bones got some radio airplay. But I am not sure music fans know who recorded it. They may have thought it was a new Death Cab for Cutie song. The band is Vinyl Theatre. They are from Milwaukee. Lead singer and guitarist Keegan Carnes and keyboardist Chris Senner met in high school. Senner attended college in Milwaukee but Carnes was in Colorado. They shared songs over Skype and recorded a demo. Senner asked his friend Nick Cesarz to record a drum track. The demo was good enough that Carnes dropped out of college and returned home. Senner contacted another friend Josh Pothier to play bass. After getting a manager, they were going to call themselves Alchemy. But there were other bands with that name. It looks like the name Vinyl Theatre was the manager's idea. After posting songs on Soundcloud, Breaking Up My Bones got a great reaction. This led to a record deal with Atlantic's Fueled By Ramen label which is also the home for Twenty One Pilots. Vinyl Theatre toured with them. The 2014 album Electrogram was released. I think most fans were interested in Breaking Up My Bones. The single did OK but the album didn't sell. It's available as a digital download. I don't like that the album is less than a half hour long. Pothier left due to health problems. On the 2017 album Origami, Cesarz played bass and drums. They toured to support the album. But when it went nowhere, Fueled By Ramen dropped them. After self releasing the 2018 album Starcruiser, Carnes left the band. I don't know if the band is still active. They still have all the social media accounts but they aren't very active. That's not a good sign. But as I said, Breaking Up My Bones is a pretty good song. Be sure to check it out. Here's the video for Breaking Up My Bones by Vinyl Theatre. 


No comments:

Post a Comment