Sunday, January 26, 2020

Big Bad Blog Video Theater-Cris Cyborg vs Julia Budd

Here's the match video of Cris Cyborg vs Julia Budd from last night's Bellator show in Los Angeles. I didn't watch this live as at $20/mo., DAZN is too expensive for me. This fight went as expected. Other than Amanda Nunes, I don't think there are any Featherweights who can handle Cris. In round one, Julia tries to use the clinch. And commentator Josh Thomson thinks that it's a good idea. I don't think it would be effective for five rounds. Julia is mainly a kickboxer and I don't think she has the tools to slow Cris down. You will notice that between rounds, Julia's husband and trainer Lance Gibson is trying to fire her up. But he doesn't have to go out there and fight. Cris won the first three rounds easily. And then she wins by TKO early in round four. I wasn't surprised Julia lasted that long. I think Cris was being patient. And she almost finished her at the end of round three. Like I said, it's what I expected. Keep in mind that Julia was the Bellator champ for several years. So there is no one in Bellator who could give Cris a decent fight. I suppose Cat Zingano could challenge her but Scott Coker says that won't happen in the near future. I don't think Cat could beat Cris anyway. Cris has always wanted to box so that wouldn't surprise me. And I'm sure she will want to fight in Japan. But it doesn't change that there are a few decent Featherweights but most of them aren't any good. Enjoy the video!



No comments:

Post a Comment