Sunday, January 22, 2023

Big Bad Blog Video Theater-Jessica Andrade vs Lauren Murphy

Here's the fight video of Jessica Andrade vs Lauren Murphy from last night's UFC show in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. This fight is at Flyweight. Jessica is a former Strawweight champ who took this fight because she wanted to fight at home. She now lives in Las Vegas and she still trains at PRVT. Lauren is a former Flyweight title contender. She now trains at Elevation in Denver with coach Carrington Banks. Her husband is also in her corner. I saw this as an easy win for Jessica. I didn't think there was any way that Lauren could keep someone as aggressive and powerful as Jessica away so she could outpoint her. And that's the way it went. It was very one sided and the only thing Jessica didn't get was a finish. I thought the ref should have stopped it. But I wasn't surprised the corner didn't throw in the towel. I'm sure Banks agreed before the fight not to do that. But he should have. A beating like that could end Lauren's career. And it was completely unnecessary. So Jessica won by unanimous decision. And afterwards she said she wanted a Strawweight title shot against Zhang Weili in Brazil. You may recall that Zhang won the title from Jessica in China. I don't know if the UFC will do that but it would be fine with me. Enjoy the video! 

No comments:

Post a Comment