Friday, January 27, 2023

AccuRadio Song Of The Day-Spose


Artist:Spose

Song:I'm Awesome

Album:Happy Medium


Rapper Ryan "Spose" Peters scored a hit single by making fun of himself on the 2010 single I'm Awesome. To date it's his only chart single. He was born July 1, 1985 in Portland, ME but he grew up in the small town of Wells, ME. He started rapping in eighth grade but he started to take it seriously after he graduated from high school and formed the band The Frothy Four. Meanwhile he attended University of New Hampshire as an English major and transferred to Suffolk University in Boston. Then he released the 2008 album Preposterously Dank on his own label called P. Dank. The turning point for Peters was when he started recording mixtapes with his friend Cam Groves. I'm Awesome is on the 2009 mixtape We Smoked It All. It started getting significant radio to the point where Peters released I'm Awesome as a single and then he signed a record deal with Universal Republic. I'm Awesome reached #37 on the Billboard Hot 100. Then Peters released the 2011 album Happy Medium which contains a remix of I'm Awesome. All versions of I'm Awesome are available as digital downloads. So it looked like he was getting somewhere and he left Universal Republic probably because he wanted to continue doing mixtapes and his contract wouldn't allow that. And that is what he is doing today. He is happy releasing music on his own label. Here's the video for I'm Awesome by Spose. NSFW due to profanity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment