Sunday, November 06, 2022

Big Bad Blog Video Theater-Amanda Lemos vs Marina Rodriguez

Here's the match video of Amanda Lemos vs Marina Rodriguez from last night's UFC show in Las Vegas. This fight is at Strawweight and scheduled for five rounds. Amanda is 35 years old from Para, Brazil. She trains at Marajo Brothers which is the Alcantara brothers who both used to fight in the UFC. She likes to finish fights. Marina is 35 years old from Florianopolis, Brazil. She trains at Thai Brasil with coach Marcio Malko. All the fighters there are strikers. Marina was heavily favored because she was on a four fight winning streak. It's likely if she wins this fight she gets a title shot. I just don't like her much. I think she's a typical points fighter. Her KO of Amanda Ribas was a lucky punch. Round one was a nothing round. They are trying to feel each other out and neither did much of anything. I scored it 9-9. In a five round fight they can waste a round. Amanda was better in round two. I scored it 10-9. Then in round three Amanda landed an overhand right to the head that knocked Marina loopy. And that led to the finish. There has been some who thought the finish was too soon. I thought Marina was out of it after the right to the head and she wasn't defending herself. I was fine with the stoppage. Next week Carla Esparza defends the UFC Strawweight Championship against Zhang Weili. I expect Zhang to win. Zhang vs Lemos would have major fireworks. I would like to see that fight. Enjoy the video! 

No comments:

Post a Comment