Sunday, February 20, 2022

AccuRadio Song Of The Day-Love and Kisses


Artist:Love and Kisses

Song:I Found Love (Now That I Found You)

Album:Disco Box 1: Boogie Nights


The single I Found Love topped the dance chart in 1977. It's a standard piece of Euro Disco. And typical of that kind of music, it's a studio production led by Alec Costandinos. He was born in Egypt and grew up in Australia. Then he moved to France and after having success with Cerrone's 1976 single Love in C Minor, Costandinos signed a deal with Barclay Records to record his own music. That became Love and Kisses. For some reason Costandinos thought if the songs were longer, that would make them epic. So the 1977 album Love and Kisses had two songs. The album version of I Found You was 17 minutes long. Obviously radio stations would not play it. So Barclay released a five minute radio edit. Once the song got airplay in Europe, Casablanca Records released it in the US and it topped the dance charts. The music is by studio musicians. The lead singer is not credited but I think it's Costandinos himself. You can get the radio edit of I Found Love on this Rhino various artists budget comp. Costandinos released three albums as Love and Kisses and he also wrote and produced the theme for the 1979 film Thank God It's Friday which was produced by Casablanca. With the decline of disco and Casablanca's financial problems, Costandinos recorded a few concept albums with symphony orchestras like The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Romeo and Juliet. Again I guess he thought bigger was better. When that didn't work out, that was the last we heard of Alec Costadinos. Here's a video for I Found Love (Now That I've Found You) by Love and Kisses. This is the radio edit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment