Sunday, January 16, 2022

AccuRadio Song Of The Day-Colin Hay


Artist:Colin Hay

Song:I Just Don't Think I'll Ever Get Over You

Album:Garden State: Music from the Motion Picture


Colin Hay is best known as the leader of the 80s Australian band Men at Work. They scored two big hits Who Can It Be Now and Down Under. Since they split up in 1986, Hay has recorded mostly on his own label with modest commercial success. He got a big boost when Zach Braff used I Just Don't Think I'll Ever Get Over You in his 2004 film Garden State. He was born June 20, 1953 in Kilwinning, Scotland. His family moved to Melbourne, Australia in 1967. Hay formed an acoustic duo with Ron Strykert in 1978. This became Men at Work. After their success, they split up in 1986. Hay has recorded solo on his own label since 1987. I Just Don't Think I'll Ever Get Over You first appeared on Hay's 1998 album Transcendental Highway. When Zach Braff was compiling the soundtrack of his 2004 film Garden State, he looked at it as his own personal mix CD. He's a Colin Hay fan and I Just Don't Think I'll Ever Get Over You was included. The film and especially the soundtrack were very successful. Braff won a Grammy. And it got Hay a US distribution deal with Compass Records. The Garden State soundtrack is available as a budget CD. Hay continues to record regularly. His latest album I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself was released Aug. 2021. He continues to tour and appear occasionally on TV. Here's Colin Hay performing I Just don't Think I'll Get Over You at Paste Magazine in Decatur, GA. Jan. 5,2010.


No comments:

Post a Comment